click here to see the characters and backgrounds I have used in my trailer
click here to see my dope sheet
Formats
The format I have chosen to export my game trailer as is
FWS. This is the traditional file format that is used in flash. It is a vector
format. I have chosen this format as it supports sound. This is important for
the trailer because one of the main things that are required to be in our
trailer is sound. The style of animation I am using is traditional 2d key
framed cell animation. The reason I have chosen this style is because there are
certain effects that I want to implement into my trailer that will look better
if they are digitally animated. I considered using
Audience
The target audience for my game is people aged 11 to 65. It
is important to consider the age of the audience when developing my game
trailer because I do not want to add anything that is inappropriate for the
audience that will be viewing my website. The audience affected the final
design of my web banner a lot as I had to make sure the style was enjoyable for
people of those ages; I also had to make sure there was nothing that would
scare the people in my target audience e.g. blood.
Below is a list of all the people my game is targeting
·
- English speakers
- Students
- School children
- Potential employers
- Lecturers
- Teachers
Style
Ideas
Video links
When I was thinking about my initial ideas I did some
research into game trailers to get an idea of what they should include.
Below are the links to the video trailers I watched
when watching these trailers I noticed that they were all
about 40 seconds long. I think this is a good length because it is enough time
to tell people about your game without them losing interest . another thing I
notices is they all have a very limited amount of gameplay shown.
Initial ideas
1. Knight walking up to the hydroclops, getting ready to
attack (1 2 3)
2. People preparing to attack the hydroclops (2)
3. Camera moving up the hydroclops’ body. (Gives the player
a sense of scale) (1 2 3)
4. Arial camera moves around the world showing all the evil
creatures causing havoc
5. Animation of all the good creatures turning into the
enemies of my game
6. Dwarf drinking ale with happy music playing in the
background. There is a crashing noise and the music stops (1 3)
Developed ideas
Once I had finished thinking of all the initial ideas I
asked three people which ideas they liked the most. The most popular ideas were
1, 3, and 6. After finding out which ideas were most popular I developed the
three most popular ideas
1.
The animation starts off in a first person view
from the perspective of the knight. The knight will slowly walk up to the hydroclops.
As the person gets closer the view will slowly aim towards the hydroclops,
slowly moving up his body. every few seconds the view will change to an image
of evil sheep. Every time the view changes the sheep will get closer and by the
time the view has reached the hydroclops the view will change to a close up of
a sheep and the trailer will end with the words killer hydroclops
2.
This will be a basic animation. It will start at
the hydroclops feet and will slowly move all the way up to his head. When it
reaches his head the hydroclops will roar and it will change to the name of my
game
3.
This will start in a tavern looking at the
dwarven knight. The knight will be laughing and drinking ale. The music in the
tavern will be cheerful and there will be sounds of people laughing. A few
seconds into the trailer there will be a loud roar and the music will stop. The
screen will go black and there will be crashing sounds. As the crashing sounds
go on the name of my game will slowly fade in
No comments:
Post a Comment